List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: making it all better: attachments, mime tree
From:       Volker Augustin <volker.augustin () perfektionismus ! de>
Date:       2002-04-29 18:13:06

Hello,

I don't know if anyone of you read my posts on kde-core-devel about the
1-touch-splitter. cdbakeoven has a 1-touch-splitter like widget. I really
would like to see that in kmail to be able to hide/show the mimetree on
demand. The drawback of the widget is that it does not allow the splitter to
be moved around like a normal splitter. It is in two possible fixed
positions, i.e. a special widget (the mimetree) can be either shown or not
shown. The size of it seems to be fixed.
For general applications that makes the widget unusable as an replacement for
QSplitter. In our case I think the functionality is sufficient.
I tried to extract the widget code and make a simple example from it. Until
now I wasn't able to get it to do exactly what I want.

I just wanted to mention this because I think this removes the need for the
many different layout schemes. Basically we could have the mimetree below the
message view. KMail should remember whether the mimetree was
expanded/collapsed the last time.

Regards,
Volker Augustin