List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: IMAP crash ate inbox (was: Re: [Kde-cafe] Sometimes I hate KDE...)
From:       Zack Rusin <zackrat () att ! net>
Date:       2002-03-31 22:03:16

On Sunday 31 March 2002 15:48, Eva Brucherseifer wrote:
> > Please cc Martijn and Eva (?) if you reply to this message.

<snip>
> My sources are from March 24. Matze also killed his inbox which
> happend 2 or 3 months ago. He also remembers, that he had selected
> several messages for deletion.
>
> > As for you experiencing both: could it be that both bugs are
> > related and/or that you triggered both at the same time?
>
> Puh, maybe... I'll attach the backtrace.
>
> Hope this helps,
> eva

Yeah, your assumption seems to be correct, this one is related to
invoking an action on multiple messages. Between the call to the
handler and the action, the referred message is being deleted and set
to null which crushes kmail (cast isn't checked). I hope to look into
that one later today as I just got courier imap server working on my
machine. Thanks a lot.

Zack

--
Failure is not an option. (It comes bundled with Windows.)