List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Custom headers WAS: Re: Like it or hate it?
From:       Volker Augustin <volker.augustin () perfektionismus ! de>
Date:       2002-03-29 11:11:56

>> c) When I change the icon, the folder tree is not updated. When I
>> use a KDE 3.0 icon for a folder the tree is updated when I change
>> to another folder. However, I used a custom icon (16x16 - looks real
>> bad scaled to the huge preview size) and the folder tree was only
>> updated after restarting kmail.

> I couldn't reproduce this one, I was trying all kinds of weird stuff,
> but the icons get both applied as soon as one clicks OK in the
> configuration dialog, and the folder tree is updated right after the
> config dialog closes. Could you do you a me a huge favor and try it
> with this patch?

Your new patch looks really got, however this problem still persists.
If I find the time I am going to debug this this evening, in any case I
hope to do it this weekend.

>> I also note that it uses the default icon when I delete the custom
>> icon :-)
>>
>> It might be a good idea to not only show the icon but also the path.
>> KNewsticker let's you select icons like that: [Textbox for the
>> path][icon] Otherwise, when you have a custom icon and delete it in
>> konqueror, the icon reverts to the default one and the path for my
>> custom icons is forgotton.

> Fixed/implemented :)
> If you could take a look at this one I'd really appreciate it.

Maybe it would be better to use a text input field instead of a label (?).
First you can then type in the path directly instead of going through the
dialog. But more important, using a label is not a good idea when the
path is really long because then the dialog will be really wide. Using
a text input field you can limit its width and still be able to type in and
see the whole path.

Regards,
Volker