List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Message size in kilobytes...
From:       Rob Walker <rob () myinternetplace ! net>
Date:       2002-02-02 7:05:35

On Friday 01 February 2002 22:50, Brendan wrote:
> >However, this whole thread started with the suggestion that we _remove_ the
> >field name from the row data, putting it at the top of the column only.
What
> >do you think of that suggestion?
>
> I think it's a great suggestion...although, I may be a bit biased...
> It would be like having "Name: " in front of every name in your message
> list...The category heading is sufficient to convey this idea...

I agree.  I was thinking of this earlier in the day.  It would be like putting
Folder: in front of each of our folders in the folder list.  However, I can
understand the desire to be able to have the automatic changing of the field
name in the column.

What about putting the primary size as the column header, and then the
oddballs get their text string appended?  One method would be do say "KB" at
the top, and then in the size list, add B and MB as needed.  That would
preclude having .754 KB for the 754 byte messages and .053 MB for the 53 KB
messages.

rob