List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Message size in kilobytes...
From:       Brendan <coolian () mediaone ! net>
Date:       2002-02-01 22:35:48

>Yes but on a graph you primarily look at the graph and not the numbers (In
>the first quick view). Thats also how the human brain works.

Huh? But my point was that the number is the important thing, because when
you glance at a bunch of messages, you would notice the 12, and know it's
long...

>I myself like the idea about changing units. I think 2.6 MB is easier to
>parse than 2662 KB (and you should easily recognize that 2.6 is MB and not KB

But that's what options are all about...You know, not shoving a choice on
the user, etc. etc. Like what someone in this thread said (and it's a great
idea)...Let the "big boys" do the UI design...And the big boys have decided
to do it in the way I am saying...So possibly it has some merit beyond
looking good...

>even without noticing the unit), although we won't normally get many mails
>which get really unparseable to one quick view. But if you don't want to
>change units, I'd suggest MB. At least I won't be interested in the size if
>it's some KB but only if the message has a large attachment.

Well, *you* may not care if it's "some KB" but a lot of us who pay for our
time online care...every little KB counts then...