List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Message size in kilobytes...
From:       Rob Walker <rob () myinternetplace ! net>
Date:       2002-02-01 22:08:49

On Friday 01 February 2002 14:32, Alexander Gretencord wrote:

> I myself like the idea about changing units. I think 2.6 MB is easier to
> parse than 2662 KB (and you should easily recognize that 2.6 is MB and not
KB
> even without noticing the unit), although we won't normally get many mails
> which get really unparseable to one quick view. But if you don't want to
> change units, I'd suggest MB. At least I won't be interested in the size if
> it's some KB but only if the message has a large attachment.

I need to see examples before I am certain I understand.  Are you saying that
an example column using your method would be as follows:

MB   <--- column header

0
0
0
0
0
1.2
1.4
2.1    <---  all three emails with attachments, making them big.
0
0
0
0

?  I don't like that idea, but I am not sure that this is what you meant,
either.

rob