List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Message size in kilobytes...
From:       Brendan <coolian () mediaone ! net>
Date:       2002-02-01 7:49:34

> > In my design class, we learned that the units should be on the header, and
> > the expression should be with the item...So, shouldn't it say Size (KB) or
> > just KB on the header, and 2.7 in that column with the message.
>
>Size(KB) makes more sense to me.

I wish everyone could get free design classes...They helped me so much to
realize why certain looks just don't work.

> > Also, wouldn't it be nice to be able to control the precision, as in
> > decimal places, etc...Or, a pull-down menu in options that lets you choose
> > which units to express in: bytes, kb, megabytes (mebibytes), gigabytes
> > (gibibytes?)...
>
>yes, it would be nice.  Where do you think that interface should go?  A
>right-click on the header would be inconsistent with what is already in the
>UI.  One menu which makes good sense to me is under _F_older, make a submenu
>which is _M_essage size, and have the bits/bytes/lines/sentences option
>there.

Oh, I was thinking in the Options dialog. The page that has "display
message size" Could have a line saying "Display message size" then a drop
down box with your choices...

> > Just a random thought from a non-C++ programmer who won't actually be
> doing
> > any of the annoying legwork...
>
>Well, realize that this is probably too late to get into the next release,
>with a freeze on and all.

I'm a very patient man. It's just an idea for a program that I see possibly
toppling Eudora in my "Favorite Email application" list...

>Also, if you want anyone to remember this beyond next week, it would be wise
>to file a wishlist bug report.  :-)

I will do that now.