List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Message size in kilobytes...
From:       Rob Walker <rob () myinternetplace ! net>
Date:       2002-02-01 7:35:57

On Friday 01 February 2002 01:19, Brendan wrote:

> In my design class, we learned that the units should be on the header, and
> the expression should be with the item...So, shouldn't it say Size (KB) or
> just KB on the header, and 2.7 in that column with the message.

Size(KB) makes more sense to me.

> Also, wouldn't it be nice to be able to control the precision, as in
> decimal places, etc...Or, a pull-down menu in options that lets you choose
> which units to express in: bytes, kb, megabytes (mebibytes), gigabytes
> (gibibytes?)...

yes, it would be nice.  Where do you think that interface should go?  A
right-click on the header would be inconsistent with what is already in the
UI.  One menu which makes good sense to me is under _F_older, make a submenu
which is _M_essage size, and have the bits/bytes/lines/sentences option
there.

> Just a random thought from a non-C++ programmer who won't actually be doing
> any of the annoying legwork...

Well, realize that this is probably too late to get into the next release,
with a freeze on and all.

Also, if you want anyone to remember this beyond next week, it would be wise
to file a wishlist bug report.  :-)

rob