List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: BUG: Signature identifier identify wrongly
From:       Rob Walker <rob () myinternetplace ! net>
Date:       2002-01-31 7:10:06

On Tuesday 29 January 2002 10:31, Michael Häckel wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 January 2002 16:18, Claus Sørensen wrote:
> > When I reply to a mail which has a line containing only two hyphens the
> > reply deletes everything beneath the two hyphens.
> >
> > But the correct way to show that it is a signature is a line containing
> > only two hyphens _and_ a space.
>
> From what I remember, this is done this way, because trailing spaces are
> lost, when signing/encrypting with OpenPGP.

Is it possible for kmail to know when an email it is replying to was
signed/encrypted and when it was not?  If so, then we could fix this by using
a filter of "--" for signed/encrypted emails and a filter of "-- " for those
which are not signed/encrypted.  Or.....  what happens if we search up from
the bottom of the message to find the magic "--" or "-- " line?  We could
stop at the first one, and move forward from there.

rob

PS.  Is there an option to keep the signature in the reply?