List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Feature request?
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-27 14:25:14

On Sunday 27 January 2002 10:34, Michael Häckel wrote:

> Integration doesn't mean, that all functionality has to be in a
> single application. For example KNode or Korganizer can send mails
> via KMail and maybe somewhen KMail can pass ical attachments
> automatically to KOrganizer and things like that.

KMail already can automatically pass iCalendar attachements to
KOrganizer. There is a script korganizerIn in kdepim/korganizer, which
can be used as a filter in KMail. It then passes all iCalendar
attachements to a directory, where KOrganizer automatically reads them.

I'm not sure, if that is the best way to implement this functionality,
but it seems to work. One problem is that it's hard to set this up for
a "normal" user. Is there an easy way to configure a KMail filter from
an external program?