List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: removing attachment dialog
From:       Daniel Naber <daniel.naber () t-online ! de>
Date:       2002-01-01 13:13:47

On Monday 31 December 2001 18:27, you wrote:

> Instead of removing it, why not add a checkbox for toggling the
>  content-disposition from attachment to inline (Evolution calls it
>  something like "Suggest inline displaying of attachment")?

For the same reason why the dialog should be "removed" (=not be displayed
automatically): there's a sensible default for every option, so there's no
reason to annoy the user with this dialog. The only field without a
sensible default is Description, but even that is hardly used, because
there's already a filename and people normally refer to their attachment
in the mail body.

If we add more options, these will have a sensible default, too.

I never used this dialog, i.e. I always just click OK. Maybe you are using
it to test things (encoding), because you're a developer? I see no reason
why a user should change the options in this dialog. BTW, at least
Netscape 4.7's mail client also doesn't have such a dialog.

regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de