List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [Patch] kmfolderdia
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <haeckel () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-11-26 21:28:09

Hi,

On Monday 26 November 2001 20:26, Carsten Burghardt wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> some of the items of the new folder dialog are not relevant or not active
> for imap-folders. Therefore this patch deactivates them if the user selects

In general this is nice. It should probably also work correctely, if already
initially an IMAP folder is sectected.

> a imap-folder (apart from the noContent() change...)

Sorry, but this change in broken. At least on the UW-IMAP server these folders
are the only folders, that can contain subfolders at all. Also it is no
longer possible to create top level folders and the tree structure in the
combobox is incomplete.

BTW: There is still a little feature missing. On the UW-IMAP server there is a
difference between folders that can contain subfolders and folders that can
contain mail. It is currently not possible with KMail to create nested folders
on that server, just to use already created ones.

Any idea on how to do that best and display it only, when it makes a
difference?

> The only thing I inserted is the selection of the folder type
> (mbox,maildir) which is obviously not relevant. I don't know if the others
> (mailinglist, expire) are implemented for imap. Comments?

Mailing lists work well in IMAP folders, expire doesn't.
This is already hidden correctely, if you view the properties of an already
existing folder.

Regards,
Michael Häckel