List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: PGP 2 support
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <haeckel () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-11-01 16:05:40

On Wednesday 31 October 2001 23:17, Marc Mutz wrote:

> What I meant here was the creation of dialogs from XML data that the
> plugin outputs. Or so I understood mua-integration.sgml. I think it
> would be far more work to write an XML-to-dialog processor than it
> would be to make native dialogs with designer. For KDE, this might not
> really be the case, since Qt3 has this funky QWidgetFactory, which can
> do something like that, but for mutt?

There is also another problem with this approach.

Currently all encryption related GUI strings are in the KDE CVS repository and
therefore also translated in many languages by the KDE i18n team.

Will you also provide translations in 42 different languages for you plugin as
KDE currently does (as of KDE 2.2.1)?
I would definitely consider it a serious regression, if GUI dialogs inside
KMail would now show up in English.

Regards,
Michael Häckel