List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Crypto plugins (was: Re: Fwd: Mitarbeit?)
From:       Jan-Oliver Wagner <jan () intevation ! de>
Date:       2001-10-31 13:24:59

Hi Michael,

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 12:52:25PM +0100, Michael Häckel wrote:
> However the situation is actually, you are still in the planning phase
> and Marc has already started to work on his solution some time ago.

true.

> Now you show up and say: Throw away your work, we are doing it in a
> different way now.
> Something similar happened for the work George Staikos already started for
> S/MIME.

If this was said anywhere, I am sorry, for it is not the intention
to have anyone through away or stop work just because we are working
on the same topic. We presented our concepts and with this
tried to evaluate together where we can help each other and perhaps
join forces. We got nice response which helped to bring our
concepts in line with yours (e.g. LDAP).
Where this was not possible in the first instance, we at least
take care that both solutions can be followed. The parts that
might need to be modified/eliminated later are kept as small as possible.

> Anyway, with the current time frame, there is probably no other way, than
> hacking S/MIME and PGP/MIME into the current implementation.

True. At least there will be an early working version for any demonstration
and testing purposes and you may learn from/use/change any portion of it if this
saves you time. We'll keep the code small that obviously needs
to be removed later for establishing the optimal solution.

Regards

	Jan

--
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/