List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [Aegypten] Design of new KMail Plug-In interface
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <haeckel () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-29 18:35:17

On Monday 29 October 2001 18:48, David Bishop wrote:

> And then have to maintain a copy of cvs, and sync in changes, basically a
> fork.  With a plugin interface, they could track the "official" kde/kmail,
> while keeping their changes seperate, easily.

But this works only if this plugin interface supports all possibly required
features which I doubt can ever be the case as already explained in a
different reply.

Besides that, we support already a lot of dcop functions to interact with
different applications. If a possible plugin is not really a plugin but a
separate application it can already do a lot of things, especially since a
recent change in kdelibs.

Regards,
Michael Häckel