List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail development
From:       "Heiko Hund" <heiko.hund () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-10-13 7:31:35

> I quite liked the method that The Bat (www.ritlabs.com) used.
> It's a windows program though, and I don't know if it runs under
> Wine, so you might need a windows box to look at it).

I checked the website and found a screenshot of what they call mail
dispatcher www.ritlabs.com/the_bat/mail_dispatcher.gif. This is pretty much
what we think the confirmation dialog should look like. Except for having
radio buttons to toggle between download and delete instead of checkboxes.

> Basically you specifically ask for the "what's on the server" list
> (so it doesn't do it at every mail check, though I think there's an
> option for that if you really want it).

We though about a button or something like it that triggers just the pop
filters. Think its nice to have both ways. The one thing we will do
different to the bat is that we´wre thinking about adding a basic ruleset
and a threshold size. Only the messages that fit these criteria will be
shown at the confirmation dialog. Of course you can always set the threshold
to 0k and define no filters to have them all.

Heiko