List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail development
From:       Malcolm <rannirl-kmail () otherkin ! net>
Date:       2001-10-12 14:52:26

On Friday 12 October 2001 05:53, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:

> Delete mails on the server:
> How can it be done?

I quite liked the method that The Bat (www.ritlabs.com) used.
It's a windows program though, and I don't know if it runs under
Wine, so you might need a windows box to look at it).

Basically you specifically ask for the "what's on the server" list
(so it doesn't do it at every mail check, though I think there's an
option for that if you really want it). That brings up a window
with each header on a line (from, to, subject, date, size fields
I think) and a couple of check boxes for each entry - "download" and
"delete" (there might have been a "mark as read" one too, so that
subsequent download checks skip it). You check which boxes you want,
hit "ok" and it downloads/deletes as requested.

I used that for a couple of years from work. (I'd delete mailing list
posts that I wasn't interested in, etc over the company T1, so that
I had less to deal with over my dialup at home). It worked well for me
but I don't know how well it would match other people's needs.