List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: searching keyservers
From:       Marc Mutz <Marc.Mutz () uni-bielefeld ! de>
Date:       2001-09-30 18:37:57

On Sunday 30 September 2001 02:46, Johan Persson wrote:
<snip>
> And if so, how would one implement this feature.

You can choose to add the keyserver option to your .gnupg/options file.
Then gnupg will try to fetch a key from the keyserver if it doesn't
find it in the keyring.

> I have not been able to find another way of searching a keyserver
> then doing it via a HTTP request on port 11371 of the keyserver.

There's LDAP, too, and the CVS gnupg version (read: gnupg, not kmail)
has experimental support for that. I have a little patch here (already
posted to the ml) that does two things:

1. It uses red for the waring message on invalid signature
2. makes any unknown key-id a href anchor that links to a keyserver

Search the archive or ask me in private when you don't find it.

> I thought of implementing a kioslave against the keyserver
> searchfunction to use when retrieving the ID and then use the normal
> gpg --recv-keys ID way of adding the key to ones keyring.
> Thoughts?

Overkill.

Marc

--
Ein Grundrecht auf Sicherheit steht bewusst nicht in der Verfassung.
  -- Sabine Leutheusser-Schnarrenberger (ehem. Bundesjustizministerin)