List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Domino 5.x support in KMail
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-09-27 16:32:36

Hi,

On Thursday 27 September 2001 15:29, Mauro DePascale wrote:

> Now, my question: can be there any interest in adding this work to the main
> source tree? I need some help with attachs, because I know little about the
> RFCs and the main application structure, but obviously I don't want to
> bother people with questions if nobody will use it except me.
>
> Please let's me know what do you think about .
> I'll be happy to give more technical details and informations about how to
> setup the system to anyone interested.

In general I'm against adding support for such proprietary protocols to the
main sources of KMail, especially since for all these tasks standards like
POP3, IMAP, SMTP and LDAP exist which are used by the rest of the world.

Btw, doesn't Domino also speak IMAP?

Nevertheless, it would be nice, if it would be possible to use KMail together
with this server, but that should somehow work as plugin then.

If sending and recieving could be done with kioslaves, that behave as similar
as possible to the existing POP3 and the SMTP kioslaves, then that would be a
solution for example. I don't know anything about the capabilities of these
protocols used by Domino, however.

Regards,
Michael Häckel