List:       klyx
Subject:    installation problems: configure script
From:       Dan Berdine <db002i () mail ! rochester ! edu>
Date:       2001-03-30 2:10:59

Hi all,

I'v been trying to install klyx on my system (Debian unstable kernel 2.4.2)
but continue to get an error saying I don't have qt isntalled when I run the
configure script.  I do, in fact, have qt installed, version 2.3.  Running
the default configure script, I get:

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= 1.42 and < 2.0) (headers and
libraries) not found. Please check your installation!

I'v tried fudging the script but the best I can get is:

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= 2.0) (headers and libraries) not
found. Please check your installation!

But I don't think I'v actually gotten it to look for versions above 2 that
way.  I'v tried adding all the directories that contain any qt-related
libraries or headers to the qt_incdirs and qt_libdirs strings with no
results...

This is my first attempt at altering a installation script in any way and I'm
not very familiar with how they work, so any help would be greatly
appreciated and any information which would be of use will be gladly provided
if I can find it :),

Thanks,

-Dan