List:       klyx
Subject:    Multi-line text in a table cell
From:       Aleksey Naumov <naumov () acsu ! buffalo ! edu>
Date:       2000-12-03 2:24:53

Dear KLyX users,

I am trying to have a multi-line text entry in a table cell.
The User Guide (4.4.4) describes the 3 ways to make it happen.
I'd rather avoid faking multi-line with invisible cells and
wrapping by width, so I went straight to the 3rd method. But
I can't get it to work.

First of all, where is 'Table Layout' popup and where is the
'Linebreaks' button? I couldn't find 'Table Layout' and the
only thing I could find for 'Linebreaks' is the Insert/Special
Character/Linebreak -- which is equivalent to C-Return and,
just as the Guide says, only works in KLyX, but still gives
one line in the output.

I also tried setting the column width and inserting \\ in TeX
mode, but that just screwed my cells: the second text line in a
multi-line cell got shifted into the cell to the left, and so on.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Aleksey