List:       klyx
Subject:    Re: BibTex in KLyx?
From:       Juergen Rudolph <rudolph () informatik ! tu-muenchen ! de>
Date:       1999-09-15 9:29:04

Hi Marcus,

Marcus Beyer wrote:
> Does anyone know how I can use BibTex-Databases in KLyx? I did not find
> any documentation about that. I am using KLyx version 0.10.0.

	Well, the bad news is that it doesn't completely work. Here's what I
found out:

1. Insert a BibTeX Reference (e.g. at the end of your document) by
choosing "Insert->Lists&TOC->BiBTeX Reference" in the menu.
2. Enter the name of your BibTex database. If the file is called
"database.bib" then enter "database".
3. Now, each time you want to insert a citation in the text, use
"Insert->Citation Reference". In the appearing popup window you can now
choose your database and after that browse your entries in the field
"Key".

BUT!

The References are not used in the final document. It seems as if BibTeX
is not called during the document generation process. I hadn't the time
to look at the sources yet.

WORKAROUND:

Option 1: Use Lyx for the output.
Option 2: Export your file to LaTex-format, and do the latex and bibtex
calls manually.

Best, Jürgen