List:       klik-devel
Subject:    Re: [klik-devel] Jail Options On Download Prompt
From:       Kurt Pfeifle <k1pfeifle () gmx ! net>
Date:       2008-02-08 21:37:17

Jason Taylor wrote:

> I'm not sure about this one so I'd thought ask for some feedback.
>
> At the moment there is no way to jail an application on first run...
> thats really not ideal ;)
>
> So Im thinking about adding jail option on the download prompt... we
> could set this to none be default and make the default changeable in
> settings.xml?
>
> Im thinking maybe a drop box below the details expander with the options
> - No Jail
> - Jail application
> - Allow home folder access
> - Make application portable
>
> Text changes, comments and  ideas welcome!

Context menu when right clicking a .cmg file would also be great. But
that is DE-specific (dunno of XDG does provide a generic mechanism to
populate context menues). So context menu should rather be second prio-
rity (without forgetting about it.

Far better would be to add the jailing options to the "klik prompt
thunderbird"-type dialogs....

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS