List:       klik-devel
Subject:    Re: [klik-devel] fuseiso maintainance
From:       Kurt Pfeifle <k1pfeifle () gmx ! net>
Date:       2007-12-23 19:09:51

Lionel Tricon wrote:
> On Saturday 22 December 2007 22:24:46 Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
>>> "Sorry, i`m out of time to continue support fuseiso/kfuseiso right now.
>>> I`m very very sorry to peoples have posted bugreports and translations
>>> to me and whom i have not answered. Sorry.
>
> That's a sad and bad news (but not a surprise for me indeed).
>
>> One of the first candidates would be Lionel, of course. So, Lionel?
>> Are you willing to pick up the ball?
>
> Well, since we already have our own version of fuseiso (and fusecram), it's
> not a real problem.

So, probably the next step is to write to dmiceman, and ask him to pass
the house keys to you (unless there were other interested developers who
already contacted him)? I assume you need a login to the sourceforge web
site for making the transition as smooth as possible? Otherwise, we'd have
to inform all the packagers of a new download URL, etc.pp.?

> But consider that i know almost nothing about iso or
> cramfs format :-) But if some people post issues, it will be the opportunity
> to learn something new.
>
> For kfuseiso, it's an another story even if, thanks to the help of the
> CIsofsUtl class (with some minor improvements), that should be very easy to
> reimplemented it.

We should also try and find interested developers during our participa-
tion at FOSDEM 2008. See also

  http://dot.kde.org/1198427916/

--
Kurt Pfeifle