List:       klik-devel
Subject:    Re: [klik-devel] klik-devel Digest, Vol 15, Issue 1
From:       probono <probono () myrealbox ! com>
Date:       2007-05-27 8:15:06

Thomas,

> This is the bit I'm confused about. You said that 1 program == 1 file,
> but here we have 0 programs == 1 file. Does the cmg contain:

The "1 file" contains everything that one given application (e.g.,
Firefox) needs to run on a klik-enabled, LSB-compliant distribution.

In other words, once you have installed the klik client into the base
system, each application you want to run is just one file. (Ideally,
the one file would be entirely self-contained including the klik
runtime, but we haven't found a way yet to achieve this while
maintaining all other aspects such as size and maintainability that
appear important to us.)

Please see
http://klik.atekon.de/presentation/
for details.