List:       klik-devel
Subject:    Re: [klik-devel] klik-devel Digest, Vol 15, Issue 1
From:       lionel.tricon () free ! fr
Date:       2007-04-02 17:06:19

Selon Jason Taylor <killerkiwi2005@gmail.com>:
> More random thoughts... should we approach the guy(s?) who wrote zero
> install about merging the 2 techniques... really what we are doing is
> creating zero install into a single file and making it executable... the
> projects seem (to me any way) very similar at this point.

I never used zeroinstall but in my understanding the software need to be modify
to support 0install and it seems that it needs a kernel module (lazyfs) ? am
i wrong ?

Except the xml file description which seems interresting to reuse, it's not
obvious for me that that kind of software brings something new to the klik
model.

If someone can explain me how it works, it would be great because the website is
not very clear ...

A stupid question : is klik limited to debian packages or rpm/slackware works
too ? can we support autopackage easily ??

Lionel