List:       klik-devel
Subject:    [klik-devel] Source-based recipes !
From:       "Alexey Eremenko" <al4321 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-04-01 15:46:16

hi klikers !

The klik can redestribute original deb's and rpm's pretty well now,
but how about sources ?

Let's Look around: many package management solutions (Archlinux'
pacman and Gentoo Portage) are based on community-contributed recipes,
that basically download the needed components from the net, and build
them locally !

From user-point of view, building such a klik package on demand will
take some extra time, we we can have more packages available that way.
(and have all the newest & greatest packages available on all
supported distros, not just on Archlinux and Gentoo)

I think that adding this capability would be nice.

--
-Alexey Eremenko "Technologov"