List:       klik-devel
Subject:    [klik-devel] New version of fuseiso to work into a fake $HOME
From:       lionel.tricon () free ! fr
Date:       2007-02-11 14:22:58

Hello,

I applied a lot of bugfixes to fuseiso since my last email and now it works
better if you want to sandbox your application into a fake HOME with the "-b"
option into fuseiso and the tips from kurt. Inside kdissert, you can now read
and write data into your fake HOME directory instead of the real one without
troubles.

If you want to test it, untar the klikutils package found on my website (see the
WIKI) and adapt the following :

# mkdir -p /tmp/app/1/mnt
# ln -s /home/lionel/Desktop/kdissert-20070207.cmg  /tmp/app/1/image
# mkdir -p /tmp/lionel
# /opt/klikutils/bin/fuseiso -n -u -b /tmp/lionel /tmp/app/1/image
/tmp/app/1/mnt/
# export FAKECHROOT_EXCLUDE_PATHS=/tmp:/proc:/dev
# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/klikutils/lib/fakechroot
# export LD_PRELOAD=$LD_PRELOAD:libfakechroot.so
# /opt/klikutils/bin/chroot /tmp/app/1/mnt
$ export KDE_FORK_SLAVES=1
$ kdissert
// Save a kdissert.kdi file into the home directory
$ exit

Consider the following with the fact the this directory was empty before running
kdissert ...

$ cd /tmp/lionel
$ find .
.
./.kde
./.kde/share
./.kde/share/apps
./.kde/share/apps/RecentDocuments
./.kde/share/apps/RecentDocuments/kdissert.kdi.desktop
./.kde/share/apps/RecentDocuments/test_file_kdissert.kdi.desktop
./.kde/share/config
./.kde/share/config/kdissertrc
./.kde/share/config/kdissert_dockposrc
./.kde/share/config/kdeglobals
./Desktop
./Desktop/kdissert.kdi

The only annoying thing is that, after saving a file, you need to reload the
directory (kfiledialog) to view the file. I think that nothing notify
kfiledialog that a new file is present (remember that you have two home
directories : the real one -/home/lionel- and the fake one -/tmp/lionel- ; and
that kdissert see a merge between the both) ... If kurt see a way to avoid the
need to reload the directory ....

Lionel