List:       kjsembed
Subject:    Re: [kjsembed] Possibility of kjsembed being in kdelibs in future?
From:       Ian Reinhart Geiser <ian () geiseri ! com>
Date:       2004-08-14 17:21:28

On Thursday 12 August 2004 06:43 pm, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> I have an id3ea for a new application, and have been contemplating wirting
> it using KJSEMbed rather than C++. This would speed up development time
> considerably, and because of the type of the app, it would be negligible on
> performance or anything else.
>
> My only concern is how this now introduces a dependancy on KJSEmebed, which
> isn't that widely deployed in KDE installs AFAIK.
>
> Is there any roadmap for having KJSEmbed included in kdelibs? If not, why
> not?
>
> It seems to be being picked up by an increasing number of kde componenets.
This is a hard call, because kdebindings rarely if ever builds.  The big issue
I see is that we have a Qt only version in the works, and KJSEmbed itself is
still fairly under heavy development.   It would interesting to see what
other KDE devs think.  The only big reason why I would see KJSEmbed in
kdelibs, is that it add no external dependencies.

Cheers
   -ian reinhart geiser
--
------(Ian Reinhart Geiser)-----<geiseri@yahoo.com>-----
The sun was born, and so it shall die, so only shadows comfort me...