List:       kjsembed
Subject:    [kjsembed] Possibility of kjsembed being in kdelibs in future?
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2004-08-12 22:43:09

I have an id3ea for a new application, and have been contemplating wirting it
using KJSEMbed rather than C++. This would speed up development time
considerably, and because of the type of the app, it would be negligible on
performance or anything else.

My only concern is how this now introduces a dependancy on KJSEmebed, which
isn't that widely deployed in KDE installs AFAIK.

Is there any roadmap for having KJSEmbed included in kdelibs? If not, why not?

It seems to be being picked up by an increasing number of kde componenets.

--
Jason Keirstead
http://www.keirstead.org