List:       kget
Subject:    [Kget]  Hello
From:       Nikhil Marathe <nsm.nikhil () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-04-23 14:56:11

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 6:12 PM, Rahul Prasad <rahul.pache@gmail.com> wrote=
:

> ***************
> ***************=A0 ***************
> ***************=A0 *************** HELP ***************=A0 **************=
*

> PLEASE SOME ONE TELL ME HOW DO I GET STARTED !!!!
> I am new to the project. And I am very good at programming.
> I want to help but I dont know how ?
>
> I have some questions
> 1. What software do i need?=A0 -> QT, Elcipse ?
> 2. Where do i get latest code?
> 3. I wanna know more about SVN.
>
> Please some body reply to these questions.....
> I WILL BE THANKFULL.
>
> ***************=A0 *************** EOF ***************=A0 ***************

Please don't shout (unless you really really need to).

Before writing on mailing lists and IRC you should really search
through the KDE website. The Techbase has all the information you
need.

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started

You will need to checkout kdelibs and kdebase from SVN, or simply
download weekly snapshots and update.
Then checkout kdenetwork. Start by understanding the source code a
bit, just to get an idea of KGet's architecture.

You will need Qt, but the choice of environment (Eclipse, Qt Creator )
is up to you ( you can even use Vim ).

As for learning about SVN, it would be better to go to Subversion's
website ( subversion.tigris.org ) and read the free SVN book a bit.

Once you are ready start by contributing small patches. UI related
things tend to be easy to start with.

Good luck
Nikhil