List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Konqueror and accessibility
From:       "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij () w3 ! org>
Date:       2001-09-05 16:01:37

Dirk Mueller wrote:

> On Don, 30 Aug 2001, David Faure wrote:
>
> >     We are currently trying to get the UAAG 1.0 to
> >     W3C's Candidate Recommendation status, and we would like
> >     to document the accessibility features already implemented
> >     by deployed browsers. I would appreciate any pointers you
> >     have about Konqueror accessibility features.
>
> we should have a mostly working keyboard navigation. We do not support the
> CSS aural properties (yet).

What about the rest of CSS1, for example?

> >     one of your fellow developers) are interested in chatting
> >     with me about Konqueror accessibility features (and, for
> >     example, walking through the requirements of UAAG 1.0
> >     and discussing how Konqueror implements or could implement
> >     them), I would be delighted to set up a meeting of, say
> >     90 minutes.
>
> As probably nobody contacted you about that, I volunteer :) Just say when
> and where.

See below.

> >  3) Upcoming face-to-face meeting.
> >     Our Working Group is having a face-to-face meeting (hosted
> >     by Microsoft in Redmond) on 13-14 September and it would be
> >     great if a Konqueror developer could attend. We will be
> >     discussing implementation issues and trying to secure
> >     implementation commitments from developers. We can't "leave"
> >     Candidate Recommendation status until we show that each
> >     feature of our spec has been implemented. I would welcome
> >     any contributions to this effort you might be able to offer.
>
> I'm afraid Redmond is far away for us poor european developers ;-) Sorry.

I understand. We expect to have some phone access. Meeting
information (including a phone number for remote attendance)
is available here:
  http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/09/ua-meeting

> >   4) More information about the UA Guidelines Working Group
> >      is available at http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/. We also welcome
> >      any comments you have on the document itself. We are not
> >      likely to make substantial technical changes at this time, but
> >      we are always happy to clarify the document so that it is more
> >      useful to developers.
>
> I've read the summary now, and I think it might be possible to implement
> some of the mentioned parts in Konqueror.

I look forward to chatting. Where are you located? I can probably
call early next week.

 - Ian

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447