List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    When trying to authenticate to a proxy, I get "unknown authorization method"
From:       "Cory Pierson" <cpierson () mediaone ! net>
Date:       2001-08-31 21:35:35

I have upgraded to KDE 2.2 using RPMs and I am still getting this error
message which pertains to KDE 2.1.1.  Did I miss something?  I found the
following in Konqueror's FAQs and I thought it would disappear when I
upgraded to 2.2 but it is still here.

from FAQs:

When trying to authenticate to a proxy, I get "unknown authorization method"
(KDE 2.1.1)
Unfortunately a bug was introduced when the code that deals with
authentication was being revamped for the 2.1.1 release. The bug has now
been fixed in both the development as well as the current stable branches.
If you compiled KDE 2.1.1 from source code through anoncvs.kde.org, please
update kdelibs/kio/http to the current version of 2.1.1 using
cvs upd -r KDE_2_1_BRANCH
in that directory.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks for any insight.