List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror Interview
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-31 15:56:40

On Friday 31 August 2001 02:15, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:

> 7. I have to be a bit strict at this point and say that Konqueror takes 4-5
> seconds to load in my dual 533 PC (and it is already object prelinked) and
> sometimes it even feels rather slow at places. Under AtheOS, where only the
> KHTML part is in place, the browser, just flies. Are there any Galeon-like,
> stripped down version of KHTML under development?

   I just don't understand this.  I have two machines in constant use here.
One is a cel433, the other is dual PII-350.  Both of them load konqueror in
<= 2 seconds in web browsing mode.

   However if you are referring to file manager mode, then it seems to take
3+ seconds on my cel433 running Mandrake with KDE 2.2.  It takes even longer
with 2.1.2 on my dual PII-350.

--

George Staikos