List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Konqueror Interview
From:       "Eugenia Loli-Queru" <eloli () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2001-08-31 6:15:20

Ok guys, here are the questions, please someone gather the answers from the
right people and send them back to me (with the name of the person who
answered each question) by email (I am going to unsubscribe from the list
after sending this email, so please reply to me by email from then on). The
interview would be great, if possible, to go live next week between Monday
and Wednesday which are the high traffic days (Thursday to Sunday our web
traffic is lower). OSNews receives more than 8,000 page hits/day (not plain
hits, but page hits :).

1. What are the plans for full CSS2 and maybe for IE-specific tags and
Properties support?
2. Konqueror now features support for the Netscape plugin architecture. Are
there plans for a native architecture?
3. Are there plans for a full featured download manager? What  users should
be waiting for the future?
4. When browsing the net it is quite important to have the fonts that the
webmasters inteded you to use. But no original-looking Verdana, Tahoma,
Trebuchet or Arial True Type Fonts are being distributed with Unix which
makes the whole experience not so pleasant some times. Are there any steps
towards solving the problem?
5. It is my understanding that Konqueror can be used in PDAs when compiled
with the QT/Embedded option. So, are there products out there that feature a
mini Konqueror?
6. A month ago, the AtheOS developer ported Konqueror (or to be more
specific, the KHTML part) to his operating system. Do you welcome such
ports, even if they are not resembling exactly the way Konqueror looks under
KDE?
7. I have to be a bit strict at this point and say that Konqueror takes 4-5
seconds to load in my dual 533 PC (and it is already object prelinked) and
sometimes it even feels rather slow at places. Under AtheOS, where only the
KHTML part is in place, the browser, just flies. Are there any Galeon-like,
stripped down version of KHTML under development?
8. JFS and XFS filesystems will soon enter their source code to the Linux
kernel and become mainstream in the linux userland. Both filesystems support
meta-data (multiple-stream attributes) which can be very useful to the
everyday usage of the OS (like in under BeOS). Is the file manager part of
Konqueror have plans to incorporate support for such file attributes?

Thanks!
Eugenia

 ---
 Editor in Chief @ www.OSNews.com