List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: 2D Navagation - Custom Key Events for Web Browsing
From:       "michael chrabaszcz" <chrabaszcz () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2001-08-29 22:17:33

Tobias,

Thank you for the pointers, they have been very helpful.  I tracked through
the DOM:DocumentImpl::findNextLink code.  Next, how difficult would it be to
enhance the DOM tree to allow for NextUp, NextDown, NextLeft, NextRight?

As I discovered, findNextLink is called by KHTMLView::gotoLink, which is
called by KHTMLView::focusNextPrevChild.  While in KHTMLView::gotoLink,
there is a call to DocumentImpl::setFocusNode, which calls
ElementImpl::setFocus(), which applies the changes and draws the new box at
the next link.  How exactly does it know to draw the box as a "dashed black
line"?  Are these drawing parameters configured somewhere or initially hard
coded as such?

Regards,
MikeC.