List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: KonqRun::askSave and URLs containing '%'
From:       Maarten ter Huurne <mth () stack ! nl>
Date:       2001-08-25 14:18:13

On Saturday 25 August 2001 12:57, David Faure wrote:

> In that case, instead of overloading, you could use default values, i.e. a
> single QString arg( const QString &arg1, const QString &arg2 =
> QString::null, const QString &arg3 = QString::null, [....] ); At least this
> isn't about a macro, so we can do that instead of 9 overloads.

Yes, this is probably a better solution. Having 9 overloaded methods will
look bad in the docs...

Where should this functionality be located? As a function, as a static method
or as an instance method? And in case of a method, in which class? Should it
be part of KDE or should we try to get TrollTech to put it in Qt? Since it is
a more general replacement for QString::arg, my opinion is that it belongs in
QString.

Bye,
		Maarten