List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: HeirMenus Status Report
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-08-01 10:45:01

On Tuesday 31 July 2001 21:39, David Joham wrote:
|   I thought I would let you all know how the attempt to get the JavaScript
|   HeirMenus working in Konqueror is going.
|
|   http://www.kimanddavidforever.org/jsmenus/LoadMe.html. You'll note that
|   almost everything is working! Actually, at this point, the code is

Cool!
I forgot to ask you: does Peter Belesis (author of HierMenus) is going to
implement changes you made to code (to support Konq) in HierMenu 4.x.y?
It's quite important IMO.

[...]
|   *fixed*
|   Mouse positioning: Konqi exposes the mouse coordinates to the browser in
|   the same manner as IE. To this point, I had always told the scripts that
|   Konqi was equivalent to Mozilla to avoid all the weird IEisms that the
|   script uses. The menus pop up in the appropriate place now. IE uses
|   clientX, clientY, document.body.scrollLeft and document.body.scrollTop
|   to determine mouse coordinates. Mozilla uses pageX and pageY. To my
|   knowledge, there is no standard way of doing this from the W3C. What do
|   you all think about supporting both? It should be easy to make pageX
|   just call clientX and then add in the value from
|   document.body.scrollTop. It's not that big of a deal, but it would be
|   nice from my perspective.

I think suporting both (clientX, pageX) is a good fix.
BTW: May be, DOM3 specification is more verbose on subject?

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)