List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: HeirMenus Status Report
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-07-31 21:33:20

On Tuesday 31 July 2001 23:39, David Joham wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I thought I would let you all know how the attempt to get the JavaScript
> HeirMenus working in Konqueror is going.
>
> My current code is at
> http://www.kimanddavidforever.org/jsmenus/LoadMe.html. You'll note that
> almost everything is working! Actually, at this point, the code is
> almost useable in Konqueror. Here's the list of action items from my
> last Email and their status:
>
> *still to go*
>
> The biggest issue that is facing me now is that Konqueror seems to lose
> references to its objects a lot. For example, if you go the page above
> and click on the word "Experts" in the top menubar, you'll get a nice
> drop down. Scroll through the list for a bit and then move your mouse to
> the word "Contents". Konqueror should "roll up" the Experts menu and
> highlight the Contents menu in black. What happens is that I get a JS
> error at the console that states "JS: Type error. Undefined value".
>  [....]
> At the moment, I'm so frustrated with the JavaScript bug that I'm trying
> to fix some of the easy ones. I would love it if someone could just snap
> their fingers and say "Just fixed the JavaScript problem. Recompile and
> try it". Any takers :)

The best way to figure what triggered this type error, is to uncomment
#define KJS_VERBOSE  in kjs/internal.h
and to uncomment the kdDebug calls in the second executeScript()
in kdelibs/khtml/khtml_part.cpp.
This way, you see what's being executed (the whole script), and then
you get a trace of each call being made. You'll at least see which JS code
gives the type error.
Maybe you still won't be able to fix it, but at least that'll be more info
for those who might be able to fix it ;)