List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    RE: offsetHeight property support -- almost there
From:       "David Joham" <djoham () criadvantage ! com>
Date:       2001-07-30 5:38:16

Thanks Dirk!

Take a look for yourself...

http://www.kimanddavidforever.org/jsmenus/LoadMe.html

This is the menu's ***unmodified*** JavaScript (with the exception of
browser-detection code) for their latest version.

The skinny:
I'd say we're 95% of the way there. The drop down menus (which most of
the web uses) are functional. I'm going to look at the rest of the
issues in the order below.

What's left (major):
1) Looks like the relative positioning for the mouse coordinates is
really goofy. I'll look into that on Monday.

What's left (minor):
1) The gif to indicate submenus is left justified rather than right.
This looks like a cssFloat problem.
2) The bottom and side borders don't render for some reason.
3) It seems that you have to hover over the text in the menus rather
than the menu itself to get the highlight
4) Speed seems a little slow. I'm debugging this over remote X though so
that may be playing a role.

What's left (unknown):
1) The link that's supposed to activate on the onclick (Displays on
click) doesn't work for some reason.

While it would be nice to get all of this taken care of for 2.2, I'm not
sure we have time due to the imminent release. My current goal is to
have these menus at 100% by 2.2.1 in September, unless we want to hold
the release for this :)

I'd like to really say again that you guys rock. Not knowing C++ well, I
thought I would never be able to contribute in a meaningful way to KDE.
It makes me really happy to be able to look into this stuff and have you
guys get back to me as quick as you do. Thank you all very much.

David

P.S. Dirk, would you mind telling me what you did to fix the
offsetHeight problem? I tried to fix it myself and failed miserably a
number of times :)