List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: KHTML - properly send SSL meta data
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-28 7:47:40

On Saturday 28 July 2001 01:36, George Staikos wrote:
> On Friday 27 July 2001 23:30, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This patch is intended to fix required meta-data not being sent when
> > clicking a link on an SSL page.
>
>    I just tried it on https://www.ibm.com and it doesn't pass through the
> parent frame flag at all still....

For clicking on links on the page ?  Rememeber this is only intended to fix the
meta-data info being passed when clicking on actual links on the page.  It does
not deal with the issue of entering the URL in the location box.  That does not
seem to work correctly sometimes. IIRC someone I won't mention told me yesterday
or the day before that that this particular issue has already been resolved. :)
Anyways, I am working to find the source of this discrepancy.  KHTML has way too
many entry points and one has to track all of those down to fix this and other
related issue :(

BTW, the loader that retrieves images, css files, scripts and such does not set this
info either.  Is that important ?  AFAICT, it is not...