List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: two remarks
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-07-27 21:00:22

On Freitag, 27. Juli 2001 16:17 David Faure wrote:

> 1) The meaning of two Konqueror address completion method
> names may not be clear for some users IMHO. Instead of
> "Popup" and "Semi-Automatic" I'd prefer "Drop-down list"
> and "Automatic (intelligent)" (at least I translated them so).
> "Semi-Automatic" is a bit ambiguous, and "Popup" is
> usually associated with popup (message) windows, but here
> it's actually referring to a list.

yes, that's a typical examples of a developer not able to come up with an
intuitive name :} If you agree with changing that for the 2.2 release, I can
do that. Although "Semi-Automatic" has been replaced with "Short-Automatic"
in the meantime already (it now works the same as "Automatic", only not the
longest possible match is used, but the shortest.

(Please CC: me any answers).

Best wishes
Carsten Pfeiffer