List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: offsetHeight property support -- almost there
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-07-20 16:39:05

On Thursday 19 July 2001 21:48, David Joham wrote:

|   Hi Dirk et. al.
|
|   If you guys could work your magic one more time, I think we're really
|   close...
|
|   It looks like we have a race condition in the current implementation of
|   offsetHeight. It works, but only if you let Konqueror "think" about it
|   for a while. The following code demonstrates the problem:

your code works fast in KDE 2.2beta1.
(no offsetHeight, though...)

|   btw: what happened to innerHTML yesterday? It's slow as heck now. Makes
|   debugging a real pain in this case. If you go back to the menus at
|   http://www.kimanddavidforever.org/jsmenus/LoadMe.html and press the show
|   debug button, konqi takes 100% CPU and drags for a *very* long time. Any
|   thoughts?

Menu you are referencing to are known as "HierMenues"
They are rather widely used (I posted URL to origin of them to kfm-devel some
time ago)

As far as I know, it requires MouseEvents / DOM2 model operational.
Does it work for you?...

I am on KDE 2.2beta1, and menus do not work.

[...]

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)