List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: kde2.2-beta1
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-03 4:23:23

On Thursday 28 June 2001 18:28, David Bishop wrote:
> So, I'm now running beta-1 on my box, and enjoying the hell out of all the
> nifty new options (and speedups, thanks!).  All of the crash bugs I was
> having with alpha2 in the kcontrol panel are gone, they all work (pretty
> much, I have a reproducible bug I'll be filing in a minute) flawlessly.
> However, konq crashes tons more than it did, and frequently the kio_http
> hangs and I have to manually kill it and restart konq before I can continue
> surfing.  The error I get is the exact same one I got before when going
> through an authenticating proxy (http protocol died unexpectedly, pre 2.1.2
> days), but in this case it works great for a few minutes, then dies.  Is
> anyone else seeing this, or is this a case of me being screwed by our
> auth_proxy?

I am seeing this indeed and I am currently in the process of tracking it down.
It should be fixed for.  But I am glad I read your email first because I thought
that my rather large changes to kio_http to fix certain issues was causing this.
But as it turns out that is not the problem since you also experienced this issue
as well ; so I am glad :)  Anyways, I am debugging that issue right now....

> Or (gulp) can this be solved by blowing away my .kde dir?

No don't bother since it did not help me :(

> I'm crossposting this with debian-kde and kfm-devel, as I'm not yet sure if
> this is a packaging issue, or a "hard core" kde issue.  If there's  something else
> I can do, please tell me and I'll do it.

Wait for the fix :)

> kio (KRun): ERROR: 0x83ad520 ERROR 43 The process for the
> http://slashdot.org protocol
> died unexpectedly.

Yep that is what happens indeed...

Regards,