On Thursday 28 June 2001 18:28, David Bishop wrote: > So, I'm now running beta-1 on my box, and enjoying the hell out of all the > nifty new options (and speedups, thanks!). All of the crash bugs I was > having with alpha2 in the kcontrol panel are gone, they all work (pretty > much, I have a reproducible bug I'll be filing in a minute) flawlessly. > However, konq crashes tons more than it did, and frequently the kio_http > hangs and I have to manually kill it and restart konq before I can continue > surfing. The error I get is the exact same one I got before when going > through an authenticating proxy (http protocol died unexpectedly, pre 2.1.2 > days), but in this case it works great for a few minutes, then dies. Is > anyone else seeing this, or is this a case of me being screwed by our > auth_proxy? I am seeing this indeed and I am currently in the process of tracking it down. It should be fixed for. But I am glad I read your email first because I thought that my rather large changes to kio_http to fix certain issues was causing this. But as it turns out that is not the problem since you also experienced this issue as well ; so I am glad :) Anyways, I am debugging that issue right now.... > Or (gulp) can this be solved by blowing away my .kde dir? No don't bother since it did not help me :( > I'm crossposting this with debian-kde and kfm-devel, as I'm not yet sure if > this is a packaging issue, or a "hard core" kde issue. If there's something else > I can do, please tell me and I'll do it. Wait for the fix :) > kio (KRun): ERROR: 0x83ad520 ERROR 43 The process for the > http://slashdot.org protocol > died unexpectedly. Yep that is what happens indeed... Regards, Dawit A.