List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Fwd: Re: Proxy autoconfiguration
From:       Malte Starostik <malte () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-28 15:27:14

Okay, let's do it in public :)

----------  Forwarded Message:  ----------

Subject: Re: Proxy autoconfiguration
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 17:15:29 +0200
From: Malte Starostik <malte@kde.org>
To: Marc Boucher <marc@mbsi.ca>, Malte Starostik <Malte.Starostik@t-online.de>
Cc: david@mandrakesoft.com, Dawit Alemayehu <adawit@kde.org>

On Donnerstag, 28. Juni 2001 14:37, Marc Boucher wrote:
> Hi Malte,
>
> Just hit another problem. If I use proxy autoconfiguration,
> (@ Siemens, with same script that I sent you some time ago),
> a request for https://www.sslsite.com is incorrectly forwarded
> as a GET https://www.sslsite.com request to the proxy (which returns
> Unsupported Request Method and Protocol).
>
> With static proxies, konqueror connects directly (bypassing the proxy)
> to port 443.
>
> Netscape properly uses a CONNECT https://www.sslsite.com:443 HTTP/1.0
> request, with either the same proxy autoconfiguration script or statically
> configured proxies.

Right, I can reproduce this, with a static proxy config it bypasses the proxy
for https, with a script it uses a simple GET. Additionally I noticed the
wrong use of port 80 in the request:

GET https://www.ccc.de:80/ HTTP/1.1
Connection: Keep-Alive
Host: www.ccc.de

which resulted in this error page from the proxy:

Error 403 - Access forbidden by rule.

Explanation: Either the file requested is specifically blocked by a Fail
directive or it does not match any of the files that are allowed to be
accessed according to other request mapping directives.

ction: No action is required.

-Malte