List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Font sizes in Konqueror and KWord
From:       Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-17 15:13:24

> But, for some reason, KDM ignores $HOME/.serverrc.

how do you image it should obey this file when the xserver is started long
before the user to log in is known?

> Placing similar script to /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc also doesn't help.
well, kdm isn't xinit, is it? ;-)

> What I found is that you need to hack XDM settings in
> /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers.
${kde_confdir}/kdm/Xservers, if you use a recent version.

> It was
> :0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X -deferglyphs 16
> and changing it to:
> :0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X -deferglyphs 16 -dpi 96
> did the trick.
yes, that's supposed to change the xserver's idea about the physical
resolution of the display. :)

> (don't know what -deferglyphs 16 is about)
reading the xserver's manual might help ;-)

> May be, it's posible to inegrate such option into KDM?  KDM will
> make changes to script, and restart X.

which script ...?
however, i'm planning to integrate the Xservers setup into the kcontrol
module of kdm.

greetings

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.