List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Bugs Fixed
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-06-15 19:53:13

On Friday 15 June 2001 18:36, Harri Porten wrote:
> Looking at the descriptions and the age I would say that closing them
> should be safe. As they are about other's code maybe people like David can
> nod this off ?

I'd be very happy to see those bugs closed, but I'm afraid a bit
more consideration has to be given to those two ?

> > #4767 empty thrash don't work --Works Fine Now:  Closed

Empty trash doesn't work when you put a symlink into it, IIRC.
(We know why, it's because of  QDir::Files | QDir::Dirs, but the real
fix for this is to write kio_trash one day).

> > #13864: bookmark toolbar flashes when space is restricted  --Fixed  :Closed

I don't know if it's the same thing, but I can still make a toolbar "flash"
(i.e. relayout in two different positions for ever), patching Qt's application
example to add a combo in the toolbar with a size policy of Expanding and a very long
text in it. I reported this to trolltech LONG ago.
Just updated to Qt 2.3.1... bug still there.
Harri, you should ask your employers to fork a few more Reggies now and then :->

Ok, this actually looks different than the bookmark toolbar since there is
no combo in it. Probably something due to the space for the overflow-submenu.
Maybe it triggers the same toolbar layout bug though.

Anyway. Close bugs if you can't reproduce them and they don't appear to be
hardware-dependent (or weather-dependent :). But don't close them based
on age. We do have long-standing bugs ;-)

--
Per his initials, God was simply a "Good Oop Developer".
-- Richard Bos