List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: SVG + KOffice/khtml
From:       Daniel Molkentin <molkentin () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-14 21:15:31

On Thursday, 14. June 2001 23:00, Harri Porten wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:
>
> 90% of *all* SVG features ? Wow ! ;)

*g*, Well, not really. But anyway ....

> > how about integrating svg in khtml?
>
> SVG has nothing to do with HTML if I am not mistaken. So I don't see the
> sense of an integration. An SVG *KPart* would be the thing to do IMO.

Yes. As SVG is supposed to become a standard such as html, konqueror should
better support it. Dunno how integration is supposed to work. Any specs
telling about it?

> What does your parser output, i.e. how are the graphics rendered ?

Niko's parser converts SVG to the propretary kivio stencil format. As does
kpresenters import filter for KPresenter if I am not mistaken.

Thus, a native renderer for SVG is missing.

> Harri (author of yet another SVG parser)

So I guess there will be one in Qt3? If so, is it worth the effort? We could
backport it ( <-- buzzword (tm)). Is it only a parser is there also a
renderer?

</daniel> (mathematical slave to Niko's SVG converter)

--
KDE 2.1 - Conquer your Desktop!
http://www.kde.org