List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror Sidebar TNG (was: Re: FWD: RE: FWD: A question about konqueror)
From:       Joseph Wenninger <jowenn () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2001-05-30 16:02:04

> I've sort of promised to work on the sidebar (quite :) a while ago.
> Yesterday I started trying to get a basic framework in place.  The idea
> I/we have is : - a vertical toolbar
> - toggle buttons on it to select which plugins should be visible
> - every plugin contained in a kdockwidget, so they can be moved around in
> the sidebar and can be undocked

Hi

Where can I see your code ?

Yesterday I added a class KDockArea to kdelibs, which makes it quite easy now
to the dockwidgets in the sidebar.

I don't know your approach yet, but I think the sidebar should have a
hboxlayout, with the DockArea on the left and the toolbar on the right and
the dockwidgets should only be dockable one above each other not side by side

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger